It would be great if you could join us and/or spread the word please? We'll be doing a big shout out to 1000 Huts!
While progress has been slow, partly down to the restrictions because of the pandemic, we've been amazed at what we have learned and progressed over the last few months:
* we've read so many books! My favourites are Lesley Riddoch's Huts: a place beyond, how to end our exile with nature; The Humanure Handbook, shit in a nutshell; Holy Shit - Managing Manure to Save Mankind (anyone who know me will be wondering who I am and what have I done with the real Lorna Jackson)
* learned about the principles of permaculture and are gradually adopting them into our lives
* been given 76 free native variety tiny trees from an amazing Edinburgh co-op (does anyone know where we can borrow tree guards please?)
* learned how to whittle spoons (mine still looks like a stick)
* been on a Fungi hunt
* managed a few family outings to our wood in between lockdowns
* and made a couple of life changing decisions
*** my granddaughter has chosen not to go back to mainstream schooling and will be 'learning from doing', including building a Hut of course
*** are we're planning to move from the suburbs of Edinburgh to somewhere we can live more off the land, off grid, simply (the next generation and maybe us will be moving into Tiny Houses)
Who knew, deciding to buy a wood and build a Hut would take us to this point, who knows where we will go from here...